IMA LEVEL 1 Martial Arts
Our IMA Martial Arts: Level 1 course aims to progressively teach the IMA participant/warrior basic strikes, defences, positioning and strategies behind them. Improving fitness, enabling self-expression all whilst learning fundamental skills of combat using the most effective and evolved forms of striking arts.
Improved fitness, co-ordination, speed and strength
Practice dynamic forms of movement with many variables utilizing all available physical attributes.
Improved mobility, strength & control
Improved mobility (usable range of motion), strengthening in a variety of ways. incorporating soft and hard practice.
Gain self-confidence and self-awareness
Develop confidence internally and externally. learn to kick ass or just do fancy cool looking stuff.
There are few lessons in each section
Stance & Footwork
Direct Simple Strikes
Course and lesson outlines
LESSON 1-8 Martial arts
Section 1 : 2 lessons
Section 2 : 6 lessons
- Develop & understand fundamentals of stance, footwork and basic strikes of both forms
- Learn & practice the moves (2/3 x week)
- Utilize and develop body awareness, coordination, balance, integrate practice with energy system development
- Perform each move and lesson meeting requirements, record (videos), send in for analysis
- Receive feedback, progression/regression plan, personalized audio file with coaching tips and cues to use during practice (based on membership level via online system/email/video call)
- Perform, record (video) and send final submission for grading and access to next level (mark complete)
- Open space
- 20-45 mins (2/3 x a week)
- Access to Punch bag (handing/standing)
- Maximum 3 months completion from time of enrolment
- Video clip submissions of practice (weekly) for analysis/feedback and final grade