IMA LEVEL 1 fundamental movement
Our fundamental movement level 1 course aims to arm & prepare the IMA participant/warrior with specific drills/movements that will supplement preservative methods and form the building blocks for more physically demanding practices
Improved kinaesthetic and proprioceptive awareness
Improve sense of limbs, position and body part in relation to each other, learning the various ways the muscles can contract, coordinate and how to utilize them best to produce high quality motion.
Improved mobility, strength & control (FRC methods)
Maximize capabilities for more advanced practice through improved mobility (usable range of motion), strengthening with the goal to better preparing your joints for high impact/complex movement.
Practice as prerequisites development, warm up or daily rituals
Develop the required prerequisites to lower the chances of injury or limitations by using our sequences, drills and preservation work.
There are 6 lessons to cover in this course
Joint prep and screen
stretch methods & positions
Supine & Prone movement drills
Squatting movement drills
Course and lesson outlines
LESSON 1-6 Fundamental movement
- Develop & understand fundamental movement drills to improve basic
- Learn & practice the series (daily / 5 x week
- Screen the body for functional weaknesses that may limit progress or performance, use as a maintenance or developmental work
- Perform fundamental movement drills meeting requirements, record (videos) if not sure of exercise technique
- Receive feedback, progression/regression plan, personalized audio file with coaching tips and cues to use during practice (based on membership level via online system/email/video call)
- Perform, record (video) and send final submission for grading and access to next level (mark complete)
- Small space
- 10-15 mins daily
- Matt/Flat floor
- Maximum 3 months completion from enrollment
- Video clip submissions of practice for analysis/feedback and grading
*Video motion analysis it used to identify strengths, weaknesses and correct execution of a exercise only. video motion analysis is not a tool to assess or diagnose injuries, always seek out professional qualified doctor/therapist in these cases.
Fundamental movement preparation
Upper Body Joint Exercises
Joint preparation, specific upper body exercises for improving mobility & control
Lower Body Joint Exercises
Joint preparation, specific lower body exercises for improving mobility & control.